Welcome to Mrs. Lear's Kindergarten!
- As a part of the school community, your child will be expected to follow rules and treat others with kindness and respect.
- We will focus on learning the 5 classroom rules in the beginning of the year.
- Once the rules have been established, students will have opportunities to 'level up' by filing up a star chart for displaying improvement in classroom work or behavior. Each level certificate will be sent home - CELEBRATE these with your child.
- If your child is having difficulty with a rule after two warnings/reminders, he or she will practice that rule during the first few minutes of recess (I never take away a full recess; kindergartners need to move!). If this happens, a note will get sent home requesting parents to practice the rule at home with the student.
- Behaviors such as lying, hitting, biting, etc. require an office (assistant principal or principal) visit, a phone call home and consequences (determined by the office).
- Follow directions quickly.
- Raise your hand for permission to speak.
- Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat.
- Make smart choices.
- Keep your dear teachers happy.
- Homework folders will go home every week on Tuesdays to be completed and returned on Monday.
- Please note homework is a report card grade.
- Please remember to send a bottle full of fresh drinking water every day to school!!
- Spilled milk, bathroom accidents, etc....we will see it all in Kindergarten. Please send a change of clothes (including underwear) in your child's backpack.
- We eat lunch early! We have snack time every afternoon. Please send a HEALTHY snack in your child's backpack. We are a NUT FREE classroom. Please no puddings or messy snacks since snack time is in the classroom. Thank you!
- Any important school related information will be given out through Thursday Folders. These folders will also consist of work your child may have completed that week in class. Please return the empty folders the next day.
- If your student would like to wear jeans on Friday, please send $1.00 in by Thursday!
- Students have the opportunity to check out books from our library. They may only have one book at a time, so make sure to return the book by Monday so that a new book can be checked out. If a book gets lost, you will be required to pay for the cost of replacement.
- The school uses Infinite Campus to access your student's grades. Go to the parent link on www.bellecreekcs.org and select 'check grades'. You will need your student's ID number to login/create an account. If you have difficulty or lost your student ID, check with the front desk. The school does not send home report cards.
- E or star means excellent - the student did it without my help and understands the concept.
- S or check mark means satisfactory - the student needed some help and somewhat understands concept- this is still grade level.
- N / U means not acceptable - the student needed help the whole time, does not understand the concept, or never turned the assignment in from an absence.
- All absent work, missing work, and home work is due by the end of the quarter. Grades are finalized each quarter and then start over with each new quarter.